Image sources: Hostess with the Mostess, Christy Robbins, Chica and Jo, Kimz Kitchen, Zazzle, Etsy, Your Home Based Mom
Dealing with a bride who doesn't start the day without an iced white chocolate mocha? Know a bride who would probably make her wedding budget if she cut out her daily lattes? Why not throw a Starbucks/coffee inspired bridal shower for her?
Another nice thing about the coffee themed shower is that it's very work-appropriate. This is a great shower for teacher's lounges or office showers.
Set the tone for the shower with an invite that shows everyone that the couple's coffee breaks are just too cute for words.
Or let everyone know that the couple really are a perfect blend with this invite.
Since the theme is coffee, obviously you're going to have lots of coffee for this shower. The easy solution: create a coffee bar! One sample menu for drinks would be Decaf, Regular, Tea, Water, and Hot Water for Hot Chocolate or Hot Teas.
Note: Non-coffee drinks are essential here because not everyone drinks (or likes) coffee.
The toppings for the coffee bar of one sample coffee shower included vanilla, hazelnut, creamer, milk, flavored creamers, various sugars, chocolate dipped sugar cubes, sprinkles, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, whipped cream, chocolate covered peppermint sticks, and lemons.
- Try putting vanilla sugar cubes, chocolate dipped sugar cubes, or heart shaped sugar cubes to add an unique touch to the coffee bar.
- Having a selection of flavored syrups like vanilla and hazelnut for the coffee bar takes the coffee to the next level. Try this recipe to make flavored syrups for the coffee.
Homemade Frappie Recipe
courtesy of Recipezaar.com
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
1 tablespoon granulated sugar, plus
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/3 cup strong coffee
1 cup ice
1. In a blender, combine everything but the ice, and blend until sugar has dissolved.
2. Add ice and blend until smooth (sometimes you will need a bit more ice).
3. Don't forget to top off with some whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup!
Try different coffee-inspired cupcakes like:
- Chocolate coffee cupcakes with coffee buttercream
- Caramel Frappuccino Cupcake
- Vietnamese Coffee Cupcake
- Doughnuts and Coffee Cupcake (shown to the left)
What else can you give out as favors? Coffee, of course! Try personalized coffee bags that say "Bride's Bridal Shower" on them or coffee scoop favors.
We are not affiliated with Starbucks. Affiliate links were used.