Celebrate her big day with Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, and Charlotte. This shower is going to be all about stilettos, martinis, and, of course, best friends.
Set the tone for the Sex and the City bridal shower with the invites. The one to the left, a Stiletto Bridal Shower Invitation sets the right tone. Carrie and the gals definitely liked their Jimmy Choos and Manolo Blahniks so what better way to have a themed party than by honoring the love of sky-high stilettos.
Or why not go with a sleek invitation of a NYC skyline? Fewer things represent the SATC series than Manhattan so show the city right in the invite. We love this NYC Skyline Invite.
invite? Having a frilly invitation like this is probably the easiest way to let the guests know this won't be a formal tea party.
Some ideas to remember to put into the invites:
- Give each guest a character to bring a gift as. For example:
- Carrie gifts could be luxurious and frivolous
- Samantha gifts could be racy and sexy
- Miranda gifts could be practical but fun.
- Charlotte gifts could be pretty and proper.
- Tell all of the guests to come in their favorite cocktail attire.
- Ask guests to bring their favorite cocktail recipe to give to the bride, instead of a recipe.
Go with hip cocktail party cuisine. We like a menu of:
For more appetizers, check out the hip cocktail party guide.
Of course cocktail party fare is not the only way to go- a tapas party is festive and fun. A dessert theme or chocolate party would be perfect too-all are perfect for mingling.
-Make your own cosmo & martini bar. Let's face it-the girls loved their drinks on the show.
-Serve different drinks for each character. The mixologists at Skyy Vodka created new drinks for the characters for the Sex and the City movie. Here's the recipes courtesy of Skyy.
The Carrie Drink
- 2 ounces Skyy vodka
- 1 ounce X-Rated Fusion Liqueur
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- 3/4 ounce sparkling apple cider
Shake Skyy, X-Rated and cranberry with ice and strain into chilled martini glass. Top with cider and garnish with a thin apple slice.
- 2 1/2 ounces Skyy vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces Cabo Wabo Anejo tequila
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
Shake with ice and strain into chilled martini glass. Rim glass with mixture of salt and small amount of white pepper. No garnish.
We also like the idea of serving mocktails (non-alcoholic drinks) at the shower, especially if the shower is during the day when many guests won't be used to strong alcoholic drinks. Our faves: virgin bellini, ginger limeade, and tea punch.
The bridal shower cake is one of the highlights of the shower and with this theme you've got great choices. Check out the Sex and the City cupcakes with hot pink stilettos, cosmo glass, hot pink shopping bag and lipsticks as accessories. Of course, at Pink Cake Box you can also get cakes that match the bride's favorite Juicy Couture bag or her favorite heels.
- Do traditional bridal shower games. Find our favorites here.
- Hand out Sex and the City quizzes like "Which Character are you?" Print out copies for each guest or read them out loud. A great variation-let the groom answer the quiz for the bride ahead of time-compare his answers to the bride's.
Tip: Make the favor go further-use the mini martini glasses as placecards or as their glasses for the entire event.
(Affiliate links were used in this article. Thanks!)